Gradings for lower grades
White Belts to Yellow Belts
Next Spillard Karate Grading
Cheam High School
Chatsworth Road, Cheam,
Surrey SM3 8PW
Sunday 8th December 2019
White belts, Red belts & Blue belts: 10.00
Purple/White belts, Purple belts & Yellow belts: 10.45
Please note the belt listed refers to your existing grade. Please arrive at least 30mins before your grading time in order to register, warm up and run through your grading syllabus.
£40.00 (payable by cash or cheque on the day)
Gradings generally take place every 3 months for 10th to 5th Kyu grades. A student will be eligible to grade when they have gained the required number of training lessons. It is natural that the Chief Instructor will advise for or against a grading if the individual is not ready. A grading must not be rushed and equally it must be taken to show progress and to give the student a sense of achievement.
Things to remember
1. In order to grade you must have completed the minimum training requirements and be confident that you know the technical requirements in the syllabus. If you are in doubt about your ability to grade please ask your Sensei or Sempai.
2. You must hold a valid UKSKO licence which you will need to take along to your grading. You will not be allowed to grade without one. To apply for or renew your licence please CLICK HERE.
3. Please turn up for the grading at least 30 minutes before to give you enough time to warm up.
4. All students grading should be wearing an Association Gi (suit) with the association calligraphy on the chest area. To purchase a Gi please ask your Sensei or Sempai.
5. Your Gi should be clean and neatly pressed.
6. Girls/Women should where a (white) T-shirt under your Gi and boys should be bare chested.
7. All jewellery should be removed or taped over.
8. If you are attempting a grade of 5th Kyu or above you will need your kumite equipment consisting of Head Guard, Hand Protectors (mits) and Shin and Instep Pads. Boys/Men should wear a Groin Guard and Girls/Women may want to wear a Chest Guard. To purchase a Gi please ask your Sensei or Sempai.
9. All candidates will be notified of their grading result by your Sensei or Sempai. This is usually within 1-2 weeks.
You must hold a current UKSKO licence in order to grade. You will be covered by the Insurance should an accident occur during practice. Those students who have blue licence books should bring them to the grading. The licence ensures your grades will be nationally and internationally recognised.